Wednesday 17 March 2010

Casualty Markers

Now I don't know if you are like me, but I don't spend ages painting the little chaps just to take them off the table as 'casualties' within minutes of starting a battle. Seeing as I am only having 3 bases to a unit it seems a tad visually imperfect...hence the casualty markers. 

I actually 'borrowed the basic idea from another blog (the name and author of which completely escapes me), but the fella wanted some period specific bases to represent a given number of casualties for the unit. He had even gone as far as painting numbers around the edge to show how many casualties said unit had lost. 

All I did was to 'dumb-down' the idea and make the bases more generic. So, on the way home from work the other evening I 'found' some more pieces of ornamental slate just lying around; luckily I had a plastic bag in my pocket and promptly picked them up. 

The basic idea is that each little textured 30 x 40 base has either one or two pieces of slate on it to represent a like number of bases 'missing'. Problem solved, job done, balls in the net etc. Now I have some nice little markers that fit in with the terrain as well as serving a very useful purpose.

Next time I will try to take some pics to give you an idea of the visual aspect. 

Sweet

Mick



No comments:

Post a Comment