Friday 15 January 2010

Swinea*sing Weather

Can't believe the wossnaming white stuff everywhere...pretty at first but annoying now. Had enough, want it to go away. Looks good on postcards...of Canada or the Alps or somewhere else but not here where I am! 

Kills photography stone dead. I've no doubt that somewhere within both the Sassanid and Byzantine Empires there must have been snow, but I bet no-one tried to take any photos at the time. I feel their pain.

All I can do is give you a quick verbal update.

The first unit of Maurikian Byzantine  Kavallarioi Lancers and archers (Irregular) are done in a nice red, green and orange combo -works, trust me, wait till you see the pics. I know that according to the Ancients Bible -Arms and Enemas of Imperial Mints and Rome- Byz cavalry had a single uniform colour but hey ho, the reissue of shields got mixed up with another unit, didnt it? Logistics eh, who'd have em?

Second unit of Sassanid light cavalry (Irregular) -8 cav and 2 infantry skirmishers (Lancs Games) is nigh on completely painted.

Next I think I will do some Huns for the Byzantines. (In actual fact they are going to be the start of my resurrected 15mm Mongol Army which has all been stripped and ready to rock & roll.)

No comments:

Post a Comment