Thursday 21 January 2010

Diversification (already)

In the last post I just happened to mention that the next unit for the Byz army was going to be some Mongols disguised as Huns.

Now, in 15mm I have the equivalent of 4 x 15 Mongol heavy cavalry, 7 x 9 light cavalry and 1.5 infantry archer units. All have been de-based, stripped of old paint -I wasn't overly happy with the paint scheme anyway- and are ready for re-painting. There are at least 4 different manufacturers represented -Irregular, Museum, Mikes Models (pre Essex) and another couple who I can't remember the names of. But...the problem is that I have decided on a different painting approach to these; for unit variety, by painting one figure from each of the 7 light cavalry units the same, each unit will all be different. The downside to this is that I can't base them until all 63 are painted. So, at any given time on the painting table there will be  a unit of either Sass or Byz plus 7 Mongols. Of course, after that there is the heavy cavalry and the keshig  -that reminds me, I haven't got them yet.

Piece of P*ss, course it is. 

Still no piccys, weather has been sh*te. Had a nice sunny day on Monday but had to work so that killed that. No peace for the wicked. Been overcast in the Midlands ever since, clouds look like they are full of snow but luckily, they've hung on to it...so far. (And they can keep it as far as I'm concerned.)


Keep em clean 


Mick

2 comments:

  1. I like what you've done thus far. I will be keeping watch as I am in the beginning stages of some Sassanids myself.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for that. Whatmanufacturer and scale are you using for your Sassys?

    ReplyDelete