Tuesday 13 October 2009

First Offerings






Da! Da! The first piccies of the Sassanids. Only two bases done so far; the Rupert and his bannerman are still half done, but hopefully you can get an idea of what they look like.

I intend to do the bases slightly different for thses armies. Usually, I give the whole base a generous covering of filler then dip it into sand but this time I just coated the base with wood glue and used the Sahara sand that I have. Then I painted usual light earth emulsion all over and when that was dry gave some areas a dark wash of acrylic Burnt Umber. On top of this I dry-brushed some Antique Gold followed by a highlight of Cream. (All three are Anitas plastic bottles bought from The Works in Brum some years ago for 99p a throw.)  Static grass and a few clumps of foliage gubbins finished them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment